is there a cool discord server thats focused on trans women who want to play fighting games and has a sizeable european community? tehe
TodayQuestions, page 2
Questions you can answer · page 2
More questions people asked today: page 2 of 5.
Given an either/or situation, who would you vote for?
Does anyone have insight on how salary bands work? I’m looking at some jobs and the graveyard shift supervisor position pays less than first and second shift, and that’s inverted from everything below supervisor, where pay increases the more inconvenient the shift is.
So is #rfc5424 aka structured logging well supported these days? I can't find much on support for it, only people saying that "lumberjack is next" but that also doesn't seem to be supported well either. What's a decent protocol for remote structured logging these days?
#academicsky what kind of in class assessments do you use as midterms and exams?
It's the scary season — what favourites are you planning to watch this year? I don't give any clues, you have to guess from the screenshot. #Film #Halloween #Horror
Good morning blueskee, does anyone have any recommendations on IDEs for Linux that aren't chock full of AI slop, and aren't just trying to push you to spend $$$'s on slop agents?
Would #AI exist without the funding from billionaires? I mean without the crazy concentration of wealth where people can invest massive amounts and not fear that losing it will impact their lives, how would modern life be different? Any good idea would still happen, just slowly without causing so much disruption so quickly that it can outpace the regulation we eventually decide it needs. The market story is that people are supposed to slowly grow sustainable businesses and face competition.
I need a 25 foot DisplayPort cable for reasons. Does anyone here have experience with a cable that long? Any recommendations? 
@GodotFest Heya, just wondering if there is a rough timetable (like, very rough, something like "Start 10 AM, End 6 PM (Both Days)" or similiar? While writing I found the schedule for 2025 and it seems that ~5pm/5:30pm was the end for both days. Was just wondering if I need another night at the hotel. (I remember the Godotcon in Berlin ending at something like 3pm...) Cheers!
Three-part question for NFL stat people: 1) What would the spread be for HOU (0-4) vs MIN (4-0) on a neutral field 2) has an 0-4 team ever been favored in a game against a 4-0 team 3) we all agree the Texans are better than the Vikings right
#WritersCoffeeClub for Oct 7. Does your editing process tend towards addition or reduction? I do both, obviously, but I end up removing a huge amount, which I keep in an "offcut" document for the project in question. Often I have gone into too much detail or otherwise am not happy with the writing, but don't want simply to delete it. I also do a lot of moving of text, because the thoughts I'm expressing don't always come out in the right order. A lot of my writing is me "thinking aloud."
I have made some pretty good dishes with firm/extra firm tofu. I am not sure I have ever made anything with soft tofu that I have been totally happy with. Made a thai curry with it tonight and it was fine but not great. Any ideas for great dishes that use soft tofu as a main ingredient #foodsky ?
My ballot was signature verified and sent for tabulation. Have you voted?
does anybody else remember an album called rehearsing my choir by the fiery furnaces? the album feels like exists inside a fever dream
Does anyone have a version of the Bestdroid app that works? For some reason the latest version isn't working on my android. It speaks nothing and just falls back to Google tts all the time save for when its in the bestdroid app itself. This is for BSTSpeech of BestSpeech for those that don't know what this is, an old tts from the 1980s. #TTS #tts #Blind #blind #Retro #retro
did anyone else in my circle read the Marvel Midnight comics that released this week? I just finished reading them all back-to-back, and. i dunno man, maybe i'm not super into horror but these felt WEIRD to read
Anyone know a good source for new shows and movies that hit streaming?
does anyone here have any recs for wired earbuds, specifically for handheld gaming since i think i prefer that to using the built in speaker. i'm not looking for anything too absurd in price, but i also don't wanna cheap out and get crap. a reasonable price-performance ratio would be cool.
Anyway, please send me paper recommendations showing the measurably ill effects of the use of LLMs in academic use. Every angle you can think of: - deskilling effects - plagiarism and copyright - is the generated code actually licensable? - measurable vs. perceived productivity - technical debt - code quality / readability … You want a #seminar on #slop – okay (#malicious_compliance activated). Please #boost
@docwyattbehind.bsky.social Hi! I was hoping you could answer some Questions? (This will be split weirdly, sorry) 1. Without spoiling anything, what do you think/want the future of ninjago to look like? 2. Will Cole, or Zane get any more screen time(had to ask, Cole is my Fav character lol)
Has anyone heard anymoreabut Airborne the flight sim? Anybody? I wanna play Airborne devs.
You know birds? What are they doin up there?
#WritersCoffeeClub 10/7. Does your editing process tend towards addition or reduction? Reduction because I remove unnecessary wordage. #writing #writingCommunity
I don't know anything about trans demographics. are there more trans men or women, are more of us gay or straight or bi, binary or nonbinary? I haven't a clue
How does a boundary rendering update sound? Before: Mixed datasets meant a boundary could be disputed at zoom 8 but not at zoom 4. Now: Single-line boundaries, normalized claimed_by property, merged features with matching attributes. Smaller tiles, same visual output. Every boundary is consistently marked as disputed or non-disputed at every zoom level, and we've cleaned up inconsistencies, like the Korean border. @ianthetechie explains it. #BuildWithStadiaMaps stadiamaps.com/blog/updated-bo…
anyone else just hear someone shoot off a fucking full magazine of ammo in North MPLS, around Plymouth & Penn?
#Movies What movie would be the worst choice to have its own custom popcorn bucket?
Do a lot of people mail in their ballots? I've always just dropped mine at the drop boxes that are directly processed by elections officially.
In this classification, how would you place your lab? From arxiv.org/abs/2607.20836v1
Fellow artists, what was your experience like getting access to VGen and using it to host commissions? It’s been hard to get a creator account started with the code system so far. But I’ve heard it’s very nice to use once you have access. #vgen #digitalart #comission
@Olivia_o So if you're into board games, do you have an account on boardgamegeek.com? I'm back2basics there too & I've uploaded my collection if you want to take a look.
Someone had a great term for the extra human work caused by AI, but I can't find it again (AI-powered search is of course no help here). Anyone know? This post brought to you by having to review 3-4x the usual number of grant proposals this month.
#bookbinders of Mastodon! Where are you? I want to follow you. (Please RT, thanks)
What do you want the new default styling to be for HTML fieldset? Here’s what it’s been forever — a box around things, with the legend text placed over the middle of the line at the top left. (See developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/W... for more.)
Can someone more knowledgeable than I tell me what this crescent moon icon means on the web page #mastodon interface? I assume it has something to do with the post visibility or quoting or somesuch.
this is probably the dumbest, boomeriest thing i'm gonna ever ask but has anyone else had problems buying tortillas and they all just stick together and rip apart lately? i've been buying keto wraps for over a year and only just the past 2 months they've been consistently ripping to shreds asfkljlk
Is #AI good at #math? Or AI good at Lean? Is being good at Lean is equivalent for being good at math?
do we want a thread of the music i’m listing to tonight? i’ve got some mixes going, so doesn’t matter if you want this or not im linking some music 🧵 🎧 youtu.be/xPM8LbV6ADU
I played a free trial of WoW back in 2009. Beyond a few hours back then, I have no experience of the game. I am thinking of playing it again, purely as an opportunity to write about the experience. I have no aspirations beyond just playing to see "what all the fuss is about". What species/variety/flavour of WoW should I play?
Can someone recommend me a Yizhan or TU fic without A/B/O or MPreg? I am fine with PWP, whump and I will eat most dead doves, but I don't want to spend the next hour blindly searching
How come publishers were almost universally in agreement about a standard size for "mass market" paperbacks, but for literally nothing else? #RandomThoughts
This website still doesn't have Polls yet, but theoretically, if I were to start streaming video games, what would you wanna see? Pokemon Champions? Long form RPGs? Roguelikes? Or something else entirely.
Is @signalapp a #socialmedia network? My gut says yes, mostly because of its group chat feature. Does the requirement to find and join large group chats to emulate public feeds of doomscrollable content (as with #instagram) exclude #Signal from the social media category? #privacy
@zombiscribe.bsky.social What makes Persona a horror film to you? I want to know!
What companies are caught up in the Gen AI bubble aside from Nvidia?
for those of you who have cats, please send me photos of them 🙂
Daily 👣 Big Walk 👣 LFG Thread - October 8, 2026 Looking for a partner or group to explore the island, solve puzzles, or get lost together? Reply with how many players you need, what timezone/location you're in (helps with connection issues), whether you're using voice chat, what kind of game you're up for and anything else you can think of. #BigWalk #Gaming
So, does anyone have any tips on things you've personally done for yourself that have helped with depression/anxiety. Aside from medication and therapy which I'm on top of. 🖤🙏
#WordWeavers Oct 7: Share a line of dialogue that tells us everything we need to know about a character's personality. This is from shortly after Jessie has met Angel; first speaker is Jessie:
Read and answer in Wildroot Social, or continue to the original post from signup. An account is optional.