If anyone is aware of early references to the rainbow as made up of a particular number of colours, please let me know. Intrigued to know if its ‘sevenfoldness’ is a relatively modern idea.
TodayQuestions, page 3
Questions you can answer · page 3
More questions people asked today: page 3 of 5.
I need to give email access to less-than-tech-savvy colleague. She’s a Windows user. Suggestions on a lightweight, bare-bones email client that I can walk her through the install and configure? It’s not her main email client, so I need nothing fancy.
Hey Aussie artists, I'm after recommendations for ANZ art supplies? Please and thank you 🙏
Are we becoming too reliant on #AI? Are we using it to allow ourselves to be lazy? I certainly feel that way. I’ve not touched an email client or the settings of my computer in months, having Claude do it all for me. Is that a good thing? By using this enabling technology are we actually losing our core technology skills? Discuss! #blind #AssistiveTechnology
Is Scoot Henderson good?
What gen had the best starters for #pokemon ? #youtubeshorts #wednesday #gaming #streamer #chill #pokemongo youtube.com/shorts/SQSgxPHrMEs…
🎃 HALLOWEEN PARTY HELP NEEDED! 🎃 Are there any Halloween themed beers that DON'T taste like shit? 😭🍺 I'm going to be hosting two small Halloween parties, one this weekend and one on actual Halloween Day, but I can't waste money on taste testing and I don't want any weirdly flavored beers.
Is there something like Wolfram Alpha but that's EU based? (I want something like Wolfram Alpha in #Uruky but they, understandably, want something EU based instead)
Who’s got a bead on some medium-good, high-concept sci-fi short stories.
What do you think of artificial intelligence? Will it hurt us, help us, gobble us up?... missionlocal.org/2026/10/what-…
we add physical heft to games by making them heavier: plastic, wood, metal. are there other tricks, other physics we can leverage? e.g., game board with embedded magnets and pieces with embedded iron might have a satisfying physicality to it even without much actual weight.
How am I supposed to add alt text to uploaded audio files straight away? The new desktop design now shrinks them to an unclickable thumbnail in the editor. Neither the '...' menu nor the alt text button is visible. Posting them as they are and then adding the alt text later doesn't work either (apart from using another app, client or web interface). Or am I missing something entirely? Mastodon v4.8.0-nightly.2026-10-06 #Mastodon #AltText #Accessibility
Good morning folks. Today's #BirdOfTheDay theme is #crooners, birds singing. The Alt theme is #Eating, birds with food in their beaks. #birds #ECK #ForJanet #CanonR5mkii #ukbirding #birdphotography @rspb.bsky.social @bbcspringwatch.bsky.social #NatureTherapy #naturephotography #BirdLife #wildlife
Does anyone know a way to install Flatpak software on #SailfishOS? I only found this thread: together.jolla.com/question/22… And this abandoned project: github.com/sailfishos-flatpak #jollaphone2026 #Jolla
Do I know anybody on here who benches their body weight? I wanna know how you got there
I have never understood the importance of knowing if people follow each other and/or unfollow each other on SocMed. Why do they have to follow each other? So what if a couple doesn't follow each other in SocMed?
Who are the progressive candidates, beyond OneCity, that are making you the most excited this vancouver election?
Am I right that #Mamdani has 220,000 followers on #Bluesky and isn't bridged to the #Fediverse? I can almost not believe it? @foxy you seem to be on top of your bridging game? Can you confirm? Can we please make him bridge to the Fediverse? @touaregtweet mastodon.social/@touaregtweet/…
I'm doing an art challenge with my friends by writing little vignettes instead of drawing, and I kinda want to share some of them. Where's everyone posting stuff like flash fiction nowadays? Is SoFurry still a thing?
I haven't been programming since the 90's but am thinking of taking it up a bit again. So maybe first off have a look at Git and Github? #programming #git #github
Would AI be bad to replace my manager or just a bash script?
Are videos broken (not playing) in the BlueSky app (iOS) for anyone else or is it just me?
I have a technical help question about Feeds. I follow and dip into over sixty feeds because it’s a great way to get a pulse on a niche subject here. Recently the feed layout has changed from giving me all of them and letting me scroll/explore to giving me a random set of only five of them.
@gwdg hey, is the chat.uni-goettingen.de matrix server down? status.gwdg.de/ says is operational but I cant send or receive any messages on Element
Is it just me or do others rinse off their canned beans so the flavor isn't so dominating in dishes?
I need to find information about music elements that are considered occult/satanic/sinful for algorithmic music stuff Anyone know any good resources? 𖤐🕯️😈🕯️𖤐
Is a manhwa better when the protagonist is already strong, or when we watch them get there? I keep recommending the second kind and still reading the first. Which do you actually finish? #manhwa #webtoon #manhwarecommendation
If you were going to assign Arcane characters to a pantheon (dealer's choice) who would you assign to what and why?
How much does the typical fox weigh?
so do yall be really tracking your calories? is that rly the key to losing this belly fat.,?
What's a good Halloween costume for a very top heavy bimbo? 👻🎃
Is it odd that we haven't had a single published poll for Holborn and St Pancras? Can I get the thread out?
Not to spoil what I'm working on, but I need KNOWLEDGE xD Do female cows have horns? I assumed they didn't, but I see a lot of anthro art with them; Not sure if that's based on anything real or just artistic license. A quick google says yes, some do. But I wanted a human answer if I can get one.
Can you tell if this is an AI-generated video? #AI #AIVideo #AIArt #GenerativeAI #AIContent #AIGenerated #AIAnimation #FutureOfAI
Does anyone have recommendations for a Bluesky Client on Mac? 🥹
Robot, give me the best datura and wolfsbane recipes ever thanks
Hit me with your favorite neurology related songs! Themes include brain, mind, nerves, and muscles. Obvious and obscure references are welcome.
What's a great, commercially unavailable retro game that—whether because of legal issues or any other reason—you don't foresee being re-released or remade in your lifetime?
30+ years of Republican control in Texas. How do we feel about the state of our state? #StudentsTalkPolitics
I have quite a bit of trouble with formulating the idea itself. My imagination has gotten a bit worse over the years, so I need more help with keeping to a specific idea or forming the composition of it. What I'm best at though is rendering, even though I did level up my flat color stuff today
My AI agent says “done” with the confidence of someone who knows they won’t be in the follow-up meeting. I’d quite like to see what it actually did.
do replies show up on people’s feeds? can i like create an echo chamber that won’t show up on y’all’s feeds. cause sometimes i really need to-
i've never had banana pancakes, are they any good?
question for the #writingcommunity: is there a distinction between the fanfiction writing communities & non-fanfiction writing communities on here? i want to make sure i’m tagging my different projects right 🫣 #saturnian.creations #blackwriter
#Pokémon question re humanoid Pokémon who wear clothes, like Gardevoir. Would it be possible to take off the dress and dye it? So that you could have a Gardevoir in like...idk, autumn tie-dye or something? Or would it hurt the Pokémon? #LAKnightAsksPokémonQs
does anyone have any good resources for men's fashion... i want to draw more characters in streetwear but mens fashion is just so boring to me
Did Dray call in sick tonight? #Valkyries
what is your favourite bakery treat, be honest? 🥐
how do musicians/composers charge when it comes to music comms like genuinely
You guys have a brand?
Read and answer in Wildroot Social, or continue to the original post from signup. An account is optional.